Thursday, August 18, 2011

Half Marathon!

I have decided to start training for my first half marathon! I am so excited- I just love running! First, my sister in law and I had the idea to train for and run a 5k in September or October. So, we are working on that first then going to run a half probably in Spring because I don't really want to run one in snow ;) I am so excited!! Training so far is going great. I've started off running about 3.5 miles a day. It's only going to get easier.. and better :) BUT. I've decided that if I want to be a runner, I going to need some new running shoes..
Maybe some like these beauties?? :) Hopefully my husband will agree that I need some new shoes. I think my running shoes that I have now are from... Shopko? Ya. My mom thought they would still be good quality. But not for avid runners! Here's to running! This is my next goal!

2 comments:

  1. If you need any tips you can ask me :) And yes shoes make the biggest difference! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you cousin. I wish I could run, but due to my hip stuff, i am unable to!! You look awesome! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete